This week our new AdColony EMEA team shined their shoes and headed to the popular App Promotion Summit in London. There were plenty of interesting talks featuring some of the finest companies in the app marketing space, so it was great that AdColony was invited to speak to this marketing-savvy crowd.
App Marketing Tips and Tricks
Amongst the many great presentations and conversations at the summit, the team thought these key takeaways were worth sharing:
- Going global: Did you know Apple requires an app to be localized in 13 languages* in order to receive a global App Store feature? Thanks to Stefan Bielau for that golden bit of info. Languages needed are: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish and Arabic.
- Learn and localize: Another interesting insight came from Soundcloud’s App Store Analyst, Moritz Daan. His presentation emphasized the importance of app localization in order to grow download numbers. Check out the 376% increase in volume that a localized version of Soundcloud drove out of Russia!
AdColony Takes The Stage
In the afternoon, Andrew French, GM of AdColony EMEA took to the stage (watch the video of the presentation here) and touched on the importance of storytelling in the app industry, demonstrating how in-app video is the perfect medium to empower marketers to share their messages. Andrew likened the App Store to a chocolate counter and challenged app marketers to showcase their unique brands to drive consumer demand and change behavior at the point of purchase.
The talk was well received judging by the soundbites and #APS2014 Tweets floating around the Twittersphere. Andrew ended his talk by announcing that AdColony would be sponsoring the open bar, and of course, this turned out to be a bit of crowd pleaser! The team enjoyed mingling with conference attendees and meeting new faces.
“It was fantastic to have our London team on the ground for the event and getting us even more closely acquainted with our partners in Europe. The first of many great events, I’m sure.” -Andrew French GM of AdColony EMEA.
Paul West from the AdColony London team also spoke with the Business of Apps team (see the video here) about AdColony’s business model and how we help app advertisers showcase their apps.
Are you an EMEA-based brand or developer looking for advice on mobile video advertising and app marketing? Feel free to reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q1 Update: Brands and Publishers are Embracing New Ad Formats - May 11, 2017
- AdColony Delivers 6th Consecutive Year of Revenue Growth - February 28, 2017
- Change of Leadership at Opera Mediaworks - December 7, 2015