As part of our quest to spread the good word about all the creativity, innovation and growth happening in mobile video, we often cite interesting stats from other companies in the mobile ad ecosystem. But today some of our own research takes center stage:
Introducing the State of Mobile Advertising report from Opera Mediaworks – featuring a special spotlight on mobile video from AdColony.
The report is the first of many that will now include combined data on campaign performance, impressions and overall marketplace trends from both Opera Mediaworks and AdColony. With a network that spans over 17,500 apps and 800 million users across more than 20 countries, the SMA Q3 2014 report offers a comprehensive look at all things mobile advertising.
It’s available for download here, but here are some sample stats to get you salivating:
- 1 out of every 10 mobile ads in the US is now a video
And if you think that’s impressive, you might want to dig into the global numbers. For example, in France, video accounts for around 1 out of every 3 mobile ads!
- Shorter videos are gaining ground
Maybe it’s Vine … maybe it’s Instagram, but there’s growing interest in shorter mobile video ads from advertisers. Investments in spots between 10-14s and 15-19s picked up in Q3.
You’ll find more great intel on global mobile advertising trends, the iOS and Android platform wars, and even a case study that shows how Reebok used mobile video to support the launch of a new performance shoe.
- The View from Q4: Android Gets the Traffic, But iOS Gets the Money - February 4, 2015
- The Opera Mediaworks Native Video Fund: Backing Next-Gen Creativity in Mobile - January 30, 2015
- Three Tips from the MMA: Mobile Marketing Should Be Personal, Multifaceted & Most of All – Ongoing - December 9, 2014