It’s an old-school idiom, but it’s one that’s particularly relevant for us today.
We’ve always talked about the importance of innovation … of thinking “mobile-first,” and of course, about delivering amazing mobile video experiences for both brands and consumers.
But with the launch of the Opera Mediaworks Native Video Fund today — we’re backing up our talk with more than a million dollars worth of investment.
Through the Native Video Fund, top global brands and agencies like Adidas, Lenovo, Digitas, and Disney will receive financial backing of up to $100,000 each, to go forth and create epic native mobile video experiences.
And though we expect to see some mind-blowing executions from the likes of agencies such as 72andsunny and OMDe — this isn’t just about cool new ad campaigns. We’re making this investment because we believe that fostering creative excellence in mobile is as much a part of our mission as is serving the highest quality video ads and fostering monetization.
So what does that mean?
- For brands and agencies, it’s the opportunity to connect with users in a way that’s not disruptive — when they’re leaning back and ready to dive into great content.
- For publishers, it’s the ability to monetize with video in a way that has only been seen on a few big platforms like Facebook and Twitter thus far.
- For consumers, it’s ads as compelling content — short, sweet and scrollable — like a video shared from a friend.
The Native Video Fund is one of the first collaborative efforts stemming from us joining the Opera family last summer. It’s also just one example of how our proprietary, Instant-Play™ HD video technology and the core Opera Mediaworks mobile ad platform can work together to benefit our customers.
- The View from Q4: Android Gets the Traffic, But iOS Gets the Money - February 4, 2015
- The Opera Mediaworks Native Video Fund: Backing Next-Gen Creativity in Mobile - January 30, 2015
- Three Tips from the MMA: Mobile Marketing Should Be Personal, Multifaceted & Most of All – Ongoing - December 9, 2014