In this edition of Mobile Monday, we are covering how Cyanogen’s Mod aims to move beyond apps on Android to drive deeper publisher integrations and the latest results from the AppsFlyer Performance Index
Cyanogen Mod & Life Beyond Apps
Described as an endeavor to separate the future of Android from Google, Cyanogen recently unveiled Mod, its mobile developer platform. The platform is aimed to enable deep app integration with the Cyanogen OS and enable mobile developers to create mobile content for what they consider the upcoming “post-app era”.
What does this mean? Imagine Skype fully integrated into a device’s dialer to enable VOIP or another smaller publisher’s app more natively integrated into a device’s operating system. Simply, the relationship between the mobile publisher and the mobile user would become much deeper.
AppsFlyer Performance Index
Of course, a world beyond apps is still quite far away, and mobile publishers remain laser focused on acquiring loyal users at scale. Following up on their 2015 Q3 performance indexes for gaming and non-gaming, AppsFlyer recently released a special edition of their performance index in time for Mobile World Congress. In the report, AppsFlyer examines the user acquisition partners used on its platform, measuring both typical retention rates and overall volume driven. In the study, AdColony ranked:
- 1st in retention for non-gaming apps across iOS & Android in North America
- 3rd in retention for non-gaming apps across iOS & Android globally
- 3rd in retention for gaming apps across iOS & Android globally
Join the Conversation
Mobile Monday examines the latest news, trends, and developments in mobile apps, tech, and advertising. Do you have a story to share for the next Mobile Monday? Tweet your thoughts to @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Barbie (see all)
- Rewarding to Engage: New Mobile User Survey Results Now Available - March 28, 2018
- Mobile Monday: Mixed Reality Promotion, Seriously Connected Fans, & FCC Acceleration - March 26, 2018
- Mobile Monday: GDC 2018 - March 19, 2018