In this edition of Mobile Monday, we’re covering highlights from the Game Developers Choice Awards, which took place last week at GDC in San Francisco.
Satoru Iwata Honored
Last year, the games industry lost Nintendo President and legend Satoru Iwata. To honor his contributions to the industry, he was honored at the Game Developers Choice Awards with this 3 minute clip:
Innovative Story Telling Awarded
Cross platform title Her Story took both the Innovation Award and the honor of best Handheld/mobile game last week. Written by Sam Barlow and released last summer on Windows, Mac, and iOS, Her Story is an interactive movie video game that sends players on a non-linear, investigative journey to solve the case of a missing man.
Described as a “bold experiment in interactive storytelling” by Pocket Gamer, production of Her Story had been supported by the Indie Fund.
Other Award Winners
Of course, Her Story wasn’t the only title celebrated at the Game Developers Choice Awards. Creators of the following titles also had reason to celebrate:
- Ori and the Blind Forest (Best Debut and Best Visual Art)
- Crypt of the Necrodancer (Best Audio)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Best Technology and Game of the Year)
- Rocket League (Best Design)
- Life is Strange (Audience Award)
Join the Conversation
Mobile Monday examines the latest news, trends, and developments in mobile apps, tech, and advertising. Do you have a story to share for the next Mobile Monday? Tweet it to @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Rewarding to Engage: New Mobile User Survey Results Now Available - March 28, 2018
- Mobile Monday: Mixed Reality Promotion, Seriously Connected Fans, & FCC Acceleration - March 26, 2018
- Mobile Monday: GDC 2018 - March 19, 2018