In this edition of Mobile Monday, we are taking a look at the top sessions and activities to check out at GamesBeat 2016, a three-day conference held at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
Before the nearby ocean waves lure attention away from the venue, don’t miss these sessions today:
- 02:00pm — Breakout Session: Monetizing VR — Explore ways to make money from advertising or other sources of revenue for VR apps in this session that will explore the ways that startups and big companies are seeking to make money in the emerging medium.
- 02:45pm — Breakout Session: Making Augmented Reality Games — VR is in the market, but augmented reality glasses are still in the labs. How can games help this new technology take off? What kind of games work in AR? How soon is the market going to arrive?
- 04:24pm — Perspectives on the Real Virtual Reality Opportunity — What is needed for VR to become a mass market product? Which content verticals and market segments will seed the initial growth? What are the monetization models for VR content and services?
Refreshed from the prior evening’s barbecue, check out these highly anticipated sessions on Tuesday:
- 10:45am — Opening Keynote: An Analyst’s View of Gaming’s Future — Michael Pachter, the Managing Director at Wedbush Securities, has been following games for decades, and he isn’t shy about sharing his opinions about a lot of the important companies in games.
- 01:30pm — Breakout Session: Balancing Monetization and Engagement — How do you retain players and engage them, but monetize them at the same time? We’ll look at the challenge of making money and preserving excitement for gamers. Moderated by our very own David Pokress, panelists will include Tammy Levy of Kongregate, Greg Canessa of GSN Games, and Chris Heatherly of Disney Mobile Games.
- 02:15pm — Breakout Session: How to Revitalize Your IP – Whether you own Dungeons & Dragons or another property, what’s your next move in video games? In this session, Nathan Stewart of Wizards of the Coast, Brian Fargo of InXile Entertainment, and Simon Jeffrey will explore how IP owners can move into modern gaming.
On the final day of the conference, be sure to check out these thought provoking sessions:
- 10:30am – Lightning Rounds: Lessons for Game Developers – In this session five speakers will present fast-paced 5-minute talks about an exciting new area of gaming. Presenters will include David Levitt ofPantomime, Omar Siddiqui, of Kiwi, Dima Veryovka of Colabee Studios, and contestant winners from the Epic Contest at the event.
- 11:10am – Fireside Chat: Changing the Way You Do Business – Making tough decisions is part of the norm in the mobile game business, where everything that you’ve learned can change quickly. In this session, Deak Takahashi will speak with Kevin Chou, the CEO of Kabam, about lessons learned along the way.
- 02:15pm – Closing Keynote: The Super Geek Gaming Future – Tom Kalinksi of Gazillion will join Dean Takahashi for a discussion about what we can predict about the game platforms of the future.
About AdColony Mobile Mondays
Mobile Monday examines the latest news, trends, and developments in mobile apps, tech, and advertising. Do you have a story to share for the next Mobile Monday? Tweet it to @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Barbie (see all)
- Rewarding to Engage: New Mobile User Survey Results Now Available - March 28, 2018
- Mobile Monday: Mixed Reality Promotion, Seriously Connected Fans, & FCC Acceleration - March 26, 2018
- Mobile Monday: GDC 2018 - March 19, 2018