The Global Mobile Games Confederation (GMGC) has become one of the biggest gaming events in Asia, and their kickoff 2017 event aims to continue the trend. Now entering it’s fifth year, GMGC begins its 2017 conference series with GMGC Manila at the Shangri-La Hotel in Manila, Philippines next week.
The conference will bring together more than 1,000 mobile game industry executives, developers, investors, and experts to connect, workshop, and learn.
Spread across the main stage, the Indie Pitch Arena, and the Dev Camp, the show will have a wide range of sessions for attendees to soak in knowledge. Highlights include:
- “The State of Mobile App Install & Engagement Fraud,” hosted by Paul McCarthy, Sr. Client Services Manager at AppsFlyer on January 12 at 11:30 on the main stage.
- “Southeast Asia Highlights Panel,” moderated by Hasnul Hadi Samsudin, Director of Creative Content & Technologies Division for MDEC, and featuring speakers from Appxplore, Sanuk Games, Agate Studios, and Altitude Games, on the main stage at 15:00 on January 12.
- “Bootstrapping a small game studio — how to survive without a hit title,” with Thunyut (Fang) Chienpairoj, Co-Founder & CEO, Thinkbox on January 12 at 11:30 in the Indie Pitch Arena
- “How to Double Your Mobile Games Revenue in 1 Day,” presented by Thomas Andreasen, CGO & Co-Founder at Playlab, on the main stage at 11:00 on January 13.
- “What to Do When Your Game Fails,” hosted by Ryan Sumo, Art Director/CEO at Squeaky Wheel in the Dev Camp area at 15:30 on January 13.
The full list of available speakers and sessions can be found at the GMGC Manila website.
Indie Pitch Arena
Like other GMGC, attendees should check out the Indie Pitch Arena, an area dedicated specifically for new and upcoming mobile game creators showing off their hard work. The area also plays host to a number of interesting talks and sessions, as well as being a great place to make connections with the next big hit.
GMGC Manila will mark the 8th edition of the Indie Pitch Arena competition.
Reinforcing mobile gaming’s place in of popular culture, GMGC Manila will feature a number celebrity appearances, including Anne Curtis-Smith, Isabelle Daza, and even Alejandro “Kuya Kim” Atienza. The celebrity attendees will be discussing content creation and gamification.
The show itself will be held in the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel in Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, from January 12 to 13. More information, including the full slate of speakers and sessions, ticket prices, and travel information can be found on the official GMGC Manila website.
Founded in 2012 in Beijing by prominent Asian gaming industry entrepreneur David Song, GMGC works closely with mobile developers, publishers, investors, distributors, and other industry related companies to facilitate collaboration, market growth and understanding.
GMGC organizes the annual Global Mobile Game Congress in Beijing, and other mobile gaming industry events in Kunshan and Chengdu. GMGC also hosts a series of conferences in Southeast Asia and other global around the year seminars and networking events.
Join the Conversation
Planning on joining other mobile developers at GMGC Manila? Let us know what you think is most interesting by tweeting @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Jonathan (see all)
- qCPM — Do we really need another marketing initialism? Maybe. - September 4, 2019
- Creative Showcase: Telkom - August 15, 2019
- 2019 Update: How Does Brand Safety Impact Consumer Perception? - April 12, 2019