This weekend, over 500 companies in the mobile gaming industry will attend Pocket Gamer Connects in London. With over 140+ speakers at the two-day conference, there is no doubt that event goers will learn tips, tricks, and the newest trends to success in mobile gaming.
To help ease the stress of choosing sessions to attend, we’ve filtered through the event schedule and compiled a list of workshops and/or speakers you won’t want to miss!
- Superstar Session: The Rovio Keynote — 9:10am. Mark Sorrell, the VP Product at Rovio Entertainment is promising a big – supersecret – announcement. So secret, in fact, that PG Connects have not been allowed to publish any information on this session yet.
- Establishing the Lifetime Value of a User — 10:30am. Oliver Kern, the Chief Commercial Officer at Lockwood will share how to calculate the LTV (customer lifetime value) properly and ways to apply your model successfully.
- What Comes After the Boom and Burst? — 12:40pm. There’s more to game promotion than just crossing your fingers. This panel of Industry experts will discuss strategies for building and sustaining an audience when launching a campaign. Panelists include Caglar Eger of Goodgame Studios, Oscar Clark of Unity, Ari Last of Appnext, Johary Mustapha of Forest Interactive, Paul West of AdColony, and Robi Gao of Gamecomb.
- The Mobile Game Development Commandments — 10:20am. Secret Police CEO Harry Holmwood, a 25 year veteran of the games industry, will share his top rules for succeeding in mobile games.
- The Faults Are The Thing – Making Characters and Places That People Believe In. — 10:40am. What aspects of environment and character design can make or break user immersion in mobile apps? Check out this session lead by The Guardian’s Games Editor, Keith Stuart.
- Celebrities in Games: The Legal View — 5:10pm. Licensing celebrities is an ever-popular trend in mobile games, but what should a publisher watch out for? Check out this session held by David Hoppe, the Founder of Gamma Law and an experienced games industry lawyer who has helped publishers license content from almost every Hollywood studio.
Attending the Event
The conference will be held in The Brewery in London from January 16 and 17th. For more information on the location and to see the event floor plan, click here. To register for the conference, visit the PG Connects London registration page.
AdColony at Pocket Gamer Connects
If you’re attending Pocket Gamer Connects, please come say hello to us at the VIP Reception or catch us on the show floor. Also, make sure to check out the “What Comes After the Boom and Burst?” panel on the 17th, where AdColony Performance Director Paul West will be joining other industry leaders to discuss strategies for building and sustaining an audience.
About Pocket Gamer Connects
Pocket Gamer Connects conferences examine the mobile games industry at both the macro and micro level. On the macro level, PG Connects explores the global game publishing strategies and opportunities, focusing on the most interesting markets and hottest topics. On the micro level, the events look at the process of game making, covering everything from creativity & production to sustainability and pairing passion projects with realistic business models. PGC events take place each year in London, Bangalore, San Francisco, and Helsinki.
Join the Conversation
Planning on joining other mobile developers and gamers at PG Connects London? Let us know what you think is most interesting by tweeting @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.