As we recently announced, AdColony has launched Instant-Play™ HD vertical video. With an 89% average video completion rate and 10% average engagement rate, the new high-performing ad unit is already exceeding the expectations of exclusive launch partners like UFC® as well as Fortune 500 brands.
Driving Outcomes with Vertical Video
It’s not too surprising that a full-screen, edge-to-edge experience powered by Instant-Play™ HD mobile video technology would effectively engage mobile users engaging with vertical apps in Today’s Primetime mobile inventory, and the results speak volumes:
- UFC® for UFC® 207: Nunes vs Rousey: The vertical video ad had a 90% video completion rate to meet the goal of driving awareness of UFC 207 athletes Amanda Nunes and Ronda Rousey and clicks to order the fight on Pay-Per-View.
- Premium cable television show premiere: With the goal of generating awareness of the new show and driving tune-in to the premiere date, time-spent with the highly engaging Dynamic End Card after viewing the video was upwards of 12 seconds per user.
- Consumer tech/entertainment product release: To increase purchase intent and online ordering for the release of its newest product, the brand’s vertical video campaign and innovative, responsive Dynamic End Card drove a 13.47% engagement rate.
So why did users engage? In addition to offering a crystal-clear & buffer-free edge-to-edge captivating ad experience, the units were complemented with fully immersive Dynamic End Cards that offer unique & immersive ways to swipe, tap, watch, purchase, and otherwise engage more fully. In fact, UFC Content Marketing Manager Kristen Bankosz noted that they “were eager to test the interactivity of Dynamic End Cards in the vertical format and are thrilled with the results.”
Join the Conversation
How do you captivate users on their favorite devices, and what ad formats are you most excited about in 2017? Tweet your thoughts to @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Barbie (see all)
- Rewarding to Engage: New Mobile User Survey Results Now Available - March 28, 2018
- Mobile Monday: Mixed Reality Promotion, Seriously Connected Fans, & FCC Acceleration - March 26, 2018
- Mobile Monday: GDC 2018 - March 19, 2018