To help mobile publishers upgrade to the AdColony 3.1 SDK and enable the highest quality & most innovative ad formats in mobile, we’ve compiled a quick checklist for both iOS and Android integrations. Check it out below, and reach out to your account manager if you have any questions!
Top 5 Android Integration Tips
- Integrate Google Play Services. This is required for advertising ID collection to allow for proper attribution.
- Gradlers rejoice! We are now available as a dependence via Gradle.
- Brush up on custom APKs. If you’d like to build different APKs for each CPU architecture, check out this helpful guide.
- Check the activity names. Our activity names have changed since the 2.X version of our SDK, so please double check that your settings here are correct.
Top 5 iOS Integration Tips
- App Transport Security (ATS). It’s defaulted on in the SDK, but you have options! Please see below for detailed instructions.
- Check your orientation. For an optimal integration, follow our documentation around configuring supported orientations. Please note that restricting an app to one ad orientation using the AdColonyAppOptions API may cause a reduction in ad fill.
- Check ad expiration settings. Interstitial ads can expire, so in order to maximize revenue, implement the block-based handler for this event and request a new ad when it fires.
- Check your alert views. If the application is triggering an ad from a UIAlertView, the alert must be fully dismissed before the ad is displayed.
- Check linker flags. Don’t forget the -ObjC linker flag!
Configuring App Transport Security (ATS) to Maximize Revenue
Apple introduced App Transport Security (ATS) with iOS 9, which requests that apps to make secure network connections via SSL and HTTPS connections. Although ATS is enabled at default on iOS, it is currently not required nor enforced by Apple.
Therefore, it is critical to ensure that you follow one of the following two options to correctly configure your AdColony integration to receive the maximum levels of fill and the highest possible eCPMs.
If you don’t follow one of these two options, then you may experience drastic reductions in fill (up to a 90% reduction). If you have any questions, please reach out to your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 1: Disable ATS
Publishers can disable ATS by adding the following key to their info.plist file:
Option 2: Keep ATS Enabled & Add Exemption Keys
If the publisher still wishes to keep ATS enabled with their integration, they need to add the following keys to their info.plist file:
About the 3.1 SDK
The future of mobile ad engagement & monetization is here. Version 3.1 of the AdColony SDK offers innovative new ad formats, viewability-driven demand, and the best user experience, period. Specifically, the AdColony 3.1 SDK supports Instant-Play™ HD Vertical Video, Aurora™ HD Video, Aurora™ HD Cards, industry-leading viewability reporting, and more all in one streamlined package. Visit the AdColony Github to integrate today.
Latest posts by Barbie (see all)
- Mobile Monday: Spending Surges & Aligning Android APIs - January 15, 2018
- The Attention Gap: Where Impressions Fall Short - January 12, 2018
- Mobile Monday: CES 2018 Edition - January 8, 2018