Next week the mobile and casual games community will descend on Singapore for Casual Connect Asia 2017. On top of three full days of enlightening sessions and insightful speakers. The show will also feature the Indie Prize and Dev Showcase.
This Casual Connect marks the 40th industry event put on by the Casual Games Association, an international trade organization for the video game industry.
100 of the best and brightest indie developer teams will also showcase their latest projects at the Indie Prize and Dev Showcase as part of the conference, with strong contenders and original entries. The annual award promises attendees a look at some of the hottest up and comers in the region’s development community.
The Indie Prize award ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 18, at 1:00 pm. Before we announce the winners, check out the nominated games here. The grand prize, sponsored by AdColony will include the latest in mobile technology for the winner to test their award winning game on.
Kicking off with the official badge pickup party at the Hard Rock Hotel on Monday 15th May at 6:00 pm, speaking sessions begin on Tuesday at 10:00 am, across three lecture halls with 150 speakers! Session are broken into Industry Insight, Social Gaming, Marketing Navigation, Design & Development, Kids & Family, Growth, and Global Reach.
Specific sessions we recommend mobile monetization and growth minded attendees check out include:
- 10:30 am — “KPI Benchmarks for Mobile F2P Games,” in Lecture Hall 2. Presented by Oliver Kern, Chief Commercial Officer at Lockwood Publishing
- 11:30 am — “Go Global: Southeast Asia,” in Lecture Hall 3, presented by Guy Charusadhirakul, Business Development, Google Play Apps, Games & Content, Southeast Asia
- 10:30 am — “What Do Publishers Look For and What Should a Developer Look For,” in Lecture Hall 2, presented by Pattera Apithanakoon, CEO of Ini3 Digital PLC.
- 2:00 pm — “Approaches to Modeling the Revenue Side of F2P Games,” in Lecture Hall 1, presented by Maciej Mroz, Vice President at GameDesire
- 10:30 am — “Grow Games in Both West and East” in Lecture Hall 3, presented by Qi Chen, COO at FunPlus.
- 2:00 pm — A panel on “Women Behind The Screens,” featuring Jia Ling Hoo, Former Co-Founder and VP of Partnerships at Inzen Studio, Shieny Aprilia, VP Serious Games & Gamification at Agate Studio, Chor Guan Teo, Program Partner at MXR International. The panel is moderated by Gwen Guo, Co-Founder at IMBA Interactive. Location details can be found on the Casual Connect Asia page.
Casual Connect Asia 2017 will run from May 16 to 18 at the Hard Rock Hotel, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island, Singapore. Tickets can be purchased by visiting the Casual Connect website.
Join the Conversation
Are you attending Casual Connect Asia this year? Rooting for someone in Indie Games Showcase or entering yourself? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Jonathan (see all)
- Mobile Monday: Mobile Gaming’s Growth & SprinT-Mobile - April 30, 2018
- Publisher Spotlight: Level Eight - April 27, 2018
- Misclicks or Malicious? The Role of Intent in Mobile Fraud Detection - April 24, 2018