It’s been a busy summer for AdColony, attending several conferences and expos in only a few short weeks. One of the most exciting events of the season was Casual Connect USA, held August 1st to 3rd in Seattle! Casual Connect events are where the most respected thought leaders in the mobile games industry came to inspire and share their successful business tips. The annual USA event made the move from its usual spot in San Francisco to an unseasonably warm Seattle for 2017, and the AdColony team followed!
As a platinum sponsor and attendee of the event, AdColony was thrilled to meet other successful professionals and host a speaking session along with the Official Casual Connect Pier 59 Party at the Seattle Aquarium!
Sisian Ghahramanians, a member of the AdColony Publishing team, said “Getting exposure to the latest innovations in the industry was really cool, plus it’s always fun to play some of the newest games out there!”
On top of the amazing opportunities to forge powerful business relationships, Casual Connect packed tons of ideas and insight into its sessions. These were some of our favorite moments:
- The Gamification of Mobile Advertising — AdColony’s Chief Customer Officer, Bryan Buskas, dove into the latest app install marketing survey and shared how advertisers are driving engagement with interactive creatives that put the game into the ad.
- Panel: V for Video: Monetizing your App with Mobile’s Most Powerful Ad Format — Leaders in the mobile advertising space discussed how top publishers are using video ads as part of their monetization strategies to increase revenue and influence user behavior and retention. Panelists included Sameer Sondhi from InMobi, Andrew Gerhart from Aerserv, Corentin Leydis from GAMELOFT, Josh Nilson from East Side Games, and John Koetsier from TUNE.
- Pier 59 Party: Official Casual Connect Day 2 Party — AdColony guests enjoyed the official day 2 party of Casual Connect USA, held at the Seattle Aquarium! An ice luge, a view of the ferris wheel, and amazing conversations with clients made this party hard to miss.
So how would we sum up Casual Connect 2017? Three days of productivity, insight, and industry talk, all while strengthening relationships with peers and clients. The AdColony booth was buzzing with new faces and long-time partners who enjoyed meeting each other face-to-face and exchanging new ideas. On top of that, the AdColony branded fidget spinners, towels, and sunglasses (as always) were a major hit! We’re definitely excited to see what’s in store for the next Casual Connect USA at Disneyland in January 2018! Until next time!
Ready to meet before that? Our team will be in Cologne, Germany for Gamescom later this month! Drop us a line and arrange a meeting!
About Casual Connect
Casual Connect is the host to several events each year, connecting over 7,500 professionals involved with the content pipeline, publishing, platforms, advertising, and more. In addition to holding 700 lectures per year, Casual Connect also coordinates the Indie Prize scholarship program as well as a Developer Showcase program.
Join the Conversation
Did you attend Casual Connect USA? Share your favorite memory by tweeting @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Sarin (see all)
- AdColonized: Getting to Know Chenxi Zeng - October 12, 2017
- Key Takeaways: Mobile Video Disruption - October 11, 2017
- Competing for Consumer Attention: Multitasking On-the-Go - October 10, 2017