Earlier this month, AdColony traveled back to Cologne, Germany for DMEXCO 2017, a two-day business expo and conference for marketers, media professionals, and creative minds. Nearly 50,000 guests attended from around the globe, sharing insight, creating connections, and discussing everything from programmatic and AI to the importance of promoting ad standards and brand safety.
Three common themes ran through the sessions at DMEXCO this year:
- Breaking through — How platforms can break through in a Google and Facebook-dominated market.
- Data — How companies with strong data plays can leverage valuable user data — location, purchases, lifestyle, etc. — to be the glue for cross-media campaigns while still being GDPR compliant.
- Trust and transparency — Advertisers and brands are becoming increasingly wary of middleman services that have their own agendas. Advertisers deserve better transparency from their partners.
Speaking sessions also discussed changes in major companies within the industry. David Gosen, GM of EMEA at Sizmek, spoke about Facebook’s new brand safety features. The company is currently offering advertisers pre-campaign visibility, with a post-campaign feature launching soon. Joining the Trustworthy Accountability Group’s (TAG) anti-fraud program and gaining MRC accreditation are also on its list of to-dos.
Marc Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer at Procter & Gamble, Co., discussed the importance of refocusing on creative and pushing the boundaries with augmented reality (AR) advertising experiences. Pritchard emphasized that marketers and tech companies must work to eliminate annoying ads and instead focus on making ad experiences better for consumers.
Aside from the sessions, attendees also had the opportunity to network and meet other top business professionals. AdColony’s happy hour, for one, was a huge success! Curt Frieden, AdColonist and DMEXCO attendee, said that it was an “Absolutely fantastic show! This was one of the largest shows that I’ve attended and it didn’t disappoint in the least bit. Great opportunities connecting with existing clients as well as making new connections!”
DMEXCO was definitely a major hit! What’s next? The MMA Webinar Series on Mobile Video Disruption held on Oct. 4th!
In only a few years, DMEXCO has become one of the premiere spots for leading brand, media, and agency professionals to meet, learn, and network. This event covers it all, with discussions, product presentations, and experience zones. Past presenters include Marc Pritchard, Carolyn Everson, Jack Dorsey, Deirdre McGlashan, and many more!
Join the Conversation.
Did you attend DMEXCO 2017? Tell us about your experience by tweeting @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Highlights from the AppsFlyer Performance Index & App Advertising Leaderboard - March 22, 2019
- Mobile Monday: The Rise of App Support & Google Gameplay - March 18, 2019
- Under the Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Germany - February 13, 2019