Just last week, MediaPost hosted its Publishing Insider Summit in Austin, Texas! Discussions dove into the changing economy and how publishers have to continually look for ways to innovate when presenting new ad, data, video, and branded content. In addition to insightful presentations and panels, the summit explored case studies and best practices from senior publishing executives, and also offered tons of networking opportunities to all who attended.
Here are three key takeaways from the event:
- Content is key. Delivering relevant content to your core audience on the right platform is essential. It’s important to incorporate data and analytics to determine which verticals are working well, but it’s also important to present high-quality, valid information users can trust.
- Utilize user data for better advertising. The more data you have, the better you can understand consumers and their preferences. Utilizing consumer data (content consumption, site interactions, etc.) can add value to the user experience through better applications of both content and advertising, and can enhance your audience acquisition strategy.
- Streamline processes but don’t forget the experience. As programmatic continues to grow, so does the need to implement algorithms and automate processes throughout organizations to improve overall efficiency. Keep in mind that it is still important to leverage user intent and apply engaging advertising within multiple data platforms to maintain a high-quality user experience.
From major insights to new tactics to apply to your marketing strategy, the Publishing Insider Summit provided lots of value to all attendees. Quality content and advertising paired with streamlined operations will mean big opportunities for growth in the future.
MediaPost is an integrated publishing and content company whose mission is to provide a complete array of resources for media, marketing, and advertising professionals. In addition to its suite of 50+ industry-focused email newsletters and blogs, MediaPost is the host to seven annual award shows and 30+ industry conferences and events each year nationwide and in Europe.
Join the Conversation.
Did you attend the Publishing Insider Summit? Tweet your experience @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Highlights from the AppsFlyer Performance Index & App Advertising Leaderboard - March 22, 2019
- Mobile Monday: The Rise of App Support & Google Gameplay - March 18, 2019
- Event Preview: White Nights Berlin - February 8, 2019