As 2017 comes to a close and mobile marketers begin their final push for the holiday season, two questions emerge: what strategies are they using successfully, and how are these strategies changing?
To answer these questions, AdColony recently conducted the 8th edition of our App Install Marketing Survey, and the results are now available.
Highlights from the Study
While we’ll be taking deeper dives into the study over the coming weeks, the top charts and takeaways from the 21-page report are below.
- Video remains a top choice. Video now accounts for 57% of all campaign spend among top app install marketers.
- App install teams are busier than ever. On average, top advertisers localize for 6 languages and optimize campaigns 5 times per week.
- Playables are poised for growth. Over 70% of top advertisers have found success with playables in 2017, and test budgets have tripled since this time last year.
- User quality indicators vary by region. While North American app install marketers look for early in-app purchases, advertisers in EMEA and APAC look for user retention.
- Pricing models vary by advertiser type. While all app install marketers use CPI, advertisers of games are twice as likely to turn to CPM campaigns than their non-gaming counterparts, who prefer CPA.
About the Study
The AdColony Fall 2017 App Install Marketing Survey is the 8th of its kind since 2013. The survey provides insights, benchmarks, and trends from the world’s top-grossing app developers, asking over 100 detailed questions and enjoying a 71% survey response rate.
Respondents primarily represented mobile game developers (81%), with a minority making non-gaming apps (18%). A small number (1%) represented mobile publishers who make both gaming & non-gaming apps.
The survey was distributed globally, with a majority (54%) of respondents in North America, followed by 26% in EMEA, and 20% in APAC.
Join the Conversation
How do you captivate and acquire high quality, loyal users at scale? Tweet your thoughts to @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Barbie (see all)
- Mobile Monday: Spending Surges & Aligning Android APIs - January 15, 2018
- The Attention Gap: Where Impressions Fall Short - January 12, 2018
- Mobile Monday: CES 2018 Edition - January 8, 2018