Each year, mobile attribution and campaign analytics platform Singular ranks media sources based on their ROI they deliver for their advertisers. While the number of sources analyzed is massive, only a few earn the designation of a “top media source”, an honor that AdColony has once again received.
As the report examines the behaviors of over 1,700 apps, so it also offers a few interesting insights into the state of mobile app install marketing, including:
- Video continues to dominate. The reported noted that the “top video media sources keep climbing,” both in respect to their position on the ROI index and in the budgets assigned to them.
- iOS offers higher gaming ROI. According to Singular, advertisers can expect to earn a 20% higher return on their iOS campaigns than on their Android campaigns, thus supporting the historically higher eCPIs seen on iOS.
- Apple search ads are growing. Last year, Apple search ads ranked 23rd with respect to iOS app install volume, but now they rank at 6th on Singular’s list, suggesting that advertisers are finding success with these ads that offer an inherent baseline trustworthiness for users.
With respect to specific rankings, AdColony was a top 5 partner in many categories, including #3 at driving campaign ROI for non-gaming campaigns on iOS, #5 for Android campaigns globally across all app verticals, and #5 in the Americas and EMEA for iOS campaigns across all app verticals.
About the Index
The Singular ROI Index ranks the top-performing ad platforms driving the highest quality ROI for mobile marketer. Over 1,200 mobile media sources were analyzed in the Singular ROI Index for 2017 based on the results they drove for over 1,700 apps. In total, over 315 million installs were assessed for ROI.
Join the Conversation
What early indicators do you track to measure a new user’s potential ROI? Tweet your thoughts to @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Rewarding to Engage: New Mobile User Survey Results Now Available - March 28, 2018
- Mobile Monday: Mixed Reality Promotion, Seriously Connected Fans, & FCC Acceleration - March 26, 2018
- Mobile Monday: GDC 2018 - March 19, 2018