While there may be a huge variety of gaming apps and even similar games within genres in the market, the mobile gaming consumers aren’t one and the same. From the amount of gameplay achieved per day to gaming location preferences, mobile gamers are as diverse as it gets.
To better understand and identify these consumers, AdColony partnered with On Device Research and conducted a survey on mobile gaming habits across several regions in Europe and South Africa. The results of the survey reaffirmed the global trend across mobile: mobile gaming has a demographically diverse audience that continues to expand and grow. This market is a huge opportunity for developers, publishers, and advertisers to tap into.
We’re taking a look at the results in the UK office first!
Respondents ranged from 15 years old to 65 and spanned across different local demographics. Looking at responses specifically from the United Kingdom revealed some surprising results.
Highlights of Mobile Gamers in the UK
- More than 90% of Centennials and 86% of Gen Xers identify as “mobile gamers”
- British mobile gamers average 10 to 40 minutes a day of gameplay
- 87% of British mobile gamers selected “home” as the location they play games
- 84% of British users prefer watching video ads for extra lives or in-app content
Click the image for a full-size version!
Contact the AdColony UK team to learn more!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider, co-founded by Alistair Hill and Tim Cleminson in 2009. This mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers in the UK? Is your region similar, or completely different? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Sarin (see all)
- WARC Media and Smarties Award Wins - January 23, 2019
- Under the Microscope: Mobile Gaming in New Zealand - January 22, 2019
- Mobile Monday: Improving & Outsmarting the Smart Speaker - January 21, 2019