It’s no secret that mobile gaming consumers are a diverse group, with different genre preferences, time spent per session, and level of engagement with in-app rewards. As shown in the research conducted by AdColony and On Device Research, mobile gaming habits can also vary based on region.
The survey reached mobile gamers across several regions in Europe and South Africa and revealed that this audience is a huge opportunity for developers, publishers, and advertisers to grow.
Highlights of Mobile Gamers in South Africa
- Almost 90% of Centennials and 90% of Gen Xers identify as “mobile gamers”
- South African mobile gamers average 20 to 40 minutes a day of gameplay
- 87% of South African mobile gamers selected “home” as the location they play games
- 89% of South African users prefer watching video ads for extra lives or in-app content
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in South Africa below!
Click the image for a full-size version!
Contact the AdColony South Africa team to learn more!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider, co-founded by Alistair Hill and Tim Cleminson in 2009. This mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers in South Africa? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Sarin (see all)
- Event Preview: Digiday Publishing Summit - September 19, 2018
- Highlights from the AdColony Brand Intelligence Summit - September 18, 2018
- Mobile Monday: iPhone XR and the Latest Apple Watch Series - September 17, 2018