Smartphones and vehicles are two of the most commonly used technologies today. They go hand in hand, especially when it comes to purchasing or leasing a new car. But what activities do consumers actually engage with in the buying process? How important is their mobile device and how likely are they to consider advertisements?
Interested in learning more about consumers decision-making and just how much influence their mobile device has when shopping for a car, AdColony conducted its Car Buying Survey. The results make a big statement, and advertisers should pay attention.
Highlights of the Study
- New vs. Used — The majority of consumers purchase new cars, although a large portion (43%) still looks for used.
- Car Buyers are Young — It’s important to ensure your ads cater to younger audiences because 33% of car buyers are between the ages of 18 and 34.
- Smartphones are Essential — 53% of respondents said it’s very important or important to have their smartphone with them while shopping for a car.
- Smartphones Have Many Functions — Consumers use their smartphones during the purchasing process for a variety of reasons, but the top three functions include comparing prices, researching models/specs, and finding dealerships.
- Research Leads to Dealership Visits — Almost 60% of consumers are very likely or likely to visit a dealership after researching for a car online.
- Auto Ads are Important — 61% consider relevant auto ads when shopping for a car and 41% are very likely or likely to click on an auto ad during the overall car buying process.
- Consumers Want to Interact — A whopping 70% of consumers would consider watching and/or interacting with a video on a mobile device to explore models and features.
- Consumers Seek Information — More information and online reviews are the top factors that would make consumers more likely to consider one brand or model over another. Easy access to a local dealer and brand image are also very important.
Check out the infographic below for more great insights and click here to download the full report!
About the Study
The AdColony Car Buying Survey was distributed globally and gained over 600 responses. Participants, which ranged from 18 years of age to over 75, were asked a series of questions about car buying/leasing behaviors, dealership visits, ad engagement, and device usage in the purchasing process. Download the full report here.
Join the Conversation
How do you use your mobile device when shopping for a car? Tweet us @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Jonathan (see all)
- qCPM — Do we really need another marketing initialism? Maybe. - September 4, 2019
- Creative Showcase: Telkom - August 15, 2019
- 2019 Update: How Does Brand Safety Impact Consumer Perception? - April 12, 2019