Widespread adoption of smartphones has made gaming a mainstream pastime across the globe. With a worldwide audience, advertisers are spending billions to promote their brands on mobile games. There are so many regions to reach but it is important to understand their individual preferences and habits. This week we are delving into mobile gaming in France.
In our Under the Microscope series, we survey mobile gamers in various regions to see the common threads and differences across audiences. Our most recent entry in the series looked into mobile players in Japan. Now, we’re taking a look at the results from France:
Highlights from France
- 54% of mobile gamers in France are male
- 45% of French users play games on their device several times per day
- Typical gaming sessions occur in the late afternoon or evening (4:00 pm and 8:00 pm)
- 38% look at mobile ads for mobile games to download
- Top types of games played include adventure, card, action, and puzzle
- 62% selected “home” as the location they typically play mobile games
- 80% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives and/or in-game content
See our infographic below for more insights into the community of French mobile gamers. Click infographic for the full-size version.
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in France compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Japan to Germany, China to New Zealand, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
Is your app ready to take on the French market, or does your brand need to appeal to French consumers? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.