We regularly survey mobile gamers in various regions to uncover the common threads and distinguishing features across audiences as a part of our Under the Microscope series. With several booming markets in the region, this month’s edition will delve into mobile gaming across Asia-Pacific.
When it comes to mobile gaming in APAC, China and Japan have gotten most of the attention as mature markets in the industry. However, other countries including India, Vietnam, and Thailand are seeing significant growths in game downloads in the past few years. Read on for our findings regarding mobile gaming preferences and behaviors in APAC:
Highlights from APAC:
- 51% of users play games on their device several times per day
- Typical gaming sessions occur late at night (8 pm – 12 am)
- 29% look at mobile ads for mobile games to download
- 61% of respondents consider mobile games as a way of socializing
- Top types of games played include action, puzzle, adventure, and word game
- 83% selected “home” as the location they typically play mobile games
- 82% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives and/or in-game content
Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in the United States compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From the United States to France, Japan to Germany and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from the United States? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- New Report — The Life of the Mobile Gamer - September 21, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Newly Launched Conversion Tool, Small Brands Diversify Media Spends, Casino Games Hit the Jackpot - September 19, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Importance of Ads Matching Content, Apple v. Epic Ruling, Esports in APAC - September 13, 2021