Video games have already proven to have universal appeal and as smartphone adoption continues to spread, mobile games have bolstered the continued rise of the industry. The spending power of mature markets like China and the United States are often talked about, but emerging markets in Latin America are making big contributions to steady growth.
In our Under the Microscope series, we look at mobile gamers from countries across the globe to see the common threads and differences across audiences. According to Statista, mobile game revenue in the country is expected to reach $224m by the end of this year. We’ve partnered with On Device Research to take a look at mobile gamers in Argentina. Read on for highlights from our survey.
Highlights from Argentina:
- 66% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur late at night (8 pm – 11 pm)
- The majority of both males and females spend 1 hour or more per day playing mobile games
- 71% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Argentinian users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and to exercise the mind.
- 89% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Argentina compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From APAC to the United States, France to Japan, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Argentina? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Jean (see all)
- Under the Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Spain - February 20, 2020
- Monetization Insights from Top Mobile Publishers - February 19, 2020
- Mobile Monday: Chrome to Block Intrusive Video Ads, GameClub Brings Subscription Service to Android - February 17, 2020