When you think about who has the biggest spending power in video games, which countries come to mind? China, the United States, Japan? Those are all great answers but you may have not thought about a huge market developing in Europe. Video game revenue in Italy has already reached huge numbers, but the mobile game market is relatively new and has plenty of opportunities for brand advertisers and developers alike.
Newzoo estimated that the gaming industry in Italy generated $2 billion in revenue in 2018. Furthermore, Statista says that mobile game revenue specifically in the country is expected to reach $450m by the end of this year. In our Under the Microscope series, we look at mobile gamers from countries across the globe to see the common threads and differences across audiences. We’ve partnered with On Device Research to take a look at the preferences and habits of Italian mobile gamers. Read on for highlights from our survey.
Highlights from Italy:
- 60% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (5 pm – 8 pm)
- The majority of both males and females spending 20-40 minutes per day playing mobile games
- 65% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Italian users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and socializing
- 81% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Italy compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Argentina to Asia-Pacific, the United States to France, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Italy? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Jean (see all)
- Mobile Shopping on Black Friday — What to Expect - November 20, 2019
- Mobile Monday: Mobile Video Ad Volume Rises 31% in Q3, Gaming Apps Lead Session Time in Japan - November 18, 2019
- Creative Showcase: Doritos Cool and Hot - November 15, 2019