Mobile gaming consumers are as diverse as it gets. That’s why this audience is a huge opportunity for advertisers to tap into. Some of the biggest mobile publishers have come out of the Nordic territories but is their audience just as into mobile gaming as they are?
Statista estimates that mobile game revenue in Norway is expected to reach $84m by the end of this year. While this is still a developing market, Norwegians have an enthusiasm for mobile gaming that shouldn’t be overlooked. In our Under the Microscope series, we look at mobile gamers from countries across the globe to see the common threads and differences across audiences. We’ve partnered with On Device Research to take a look at the preferences and habits of Norwegian mobile gamers. Read on for highlights from our survey.
Highlights from Norway:
- 80% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (5 pm – 8 pm)
- The majority of both males and females spending 1 hour or more per day playing mobile games
- 66% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Norwegian users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and to exercise the mind.
- 87% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Norway compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Italy to Argentina, the Asia-Pacific to the United States, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Norway? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Jean (see all)
- Under the Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Spain - February 20, 2020
- Monetization Insights from Top Mobile Publishers - February 19, 2020
- Mobile Monday: Chrome to Block Intrusive Video Ads, GameClub Brings Subscription Service to Android - February 17, 2020