The growing audience of mobile gaming has been a frequent subject of researchers inside (and outside) the industry. Advertisers have recognized the great potential to reach consumers on a medium they engage with multiple times a day. To get the most out of their ad budget, brands need to look closely at regional audiences and learn how to better target them through in-game advertising. AdColony partnered with On Device Research to learn about mobile gamers around and the world and this week, we are looking at the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia.
As the country sees changes in politics, society, and business, Saudi Arabia has been embracing advanced smartphone technology in recent years. According to Newzoo, smartphone penetration in the Kingdom hit 46% in September 2019. The rise of smartphone adoption has led to growth in mobile game spending with revenue expected to reach in the Mobile Games segment amounts to $165 million in 2020. In this edition of our Under the Microscope series, we’re covering the growing market of mobile gamers in Saudi Arabia.
Highlights from Saudi Arabia:
- 66% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the late evening (8 pm – 11 pm)
- The majority of both males and females spending 1 hour or more per day playing mobile games
- 80% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Saudi users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, to exercise the mind and socializing.
- 87% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Click the infographic for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Saudi Arabia compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Denmark to Norway, Italy to Argentina, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Saudi Arabia? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Jean (see all)
- Creative Showcase: World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth - February 25, 2020
- Mobile Monday: Adjust Launches Control Center for Ad Management, Global App Install Ad Spend to Reach $118 By 2022 - February 23, 2020
- Under the Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Spain - February 20, 2020