If you’ve been keeping up with our “Under the Microscope” series, then you’re well aware of the fact that mobile gamers range across the board in terms of diversity. Demographics, preferences, and habits differ from one person to the next, making these audiences very important for advertisers to consider. In this week’s edition, we’re diving into the mobile gaming audience in Brazil!
As the largest country in South America, Brazil is one of the leading gaming markets in the region. When it comes to gaming revenues, Brazilian gamers spent $1.5 billion in 2018. By 2023, mobile gaming alone is expected to become a $434 million industry in the country. Learn more about the growing Brazilian mobile gaming community in our survey highlights and infographic.
Highlights from Brazil:
- 72% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the day (9 am – 5 pm)
- The majority of both males and females are spending 1 hour or more per day playing mobile games
- 73% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Brazilian users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, to win, and to exercise the mind.
- 82% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Click the infographic for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Brazil compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Saudi Arabia to Denmark, Norway to Italy, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Brazil? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: Importance of Ads Matching Content, Apple v. Epic Ruling, Esports in APAC - September 13, 2021
- Mobile’s Role in the Future of Work - September 9, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Content Fortresses in Adtech, The Boom of Real Estate Apps, U.S. Consumers’ App Usage in H1 2021 - August 30, 2021