It won’t come as a shock to anyone that the gaming industry is a huge market that generates billions worldwide. For a long time, most people thought of console and PC gaming as the moneymakers but more and more we’re seeing mobile games take over the industry. The mobile gaming community is spreading all over the world and each country has its own behavior and preferences. In this week’s edition of Under the Microscope, we’re looking at mobile gaming in Spain!
According to Statista, mobile gaming revenue from Spain will amount to $307 million by the end of 2020. They also estimate that user penetration will reach 20.2% this year and will grow to 21.6% by 2024. We partnered with On Device Research to learn all about the Spanish mobile gaming audience.
Highlights from Spain:
- 68% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (5 pm – 8 pm)
- The majority of both males and females are spending 40 minutes per day playing mobile games
- 70% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Spanish users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and to exercise the mind.
- 87% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Click the infographic for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Spain compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Brazil to Saudi Arabia, Denmark to Norway, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Spain? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- New Report — The Life of the Mobile Gamer - September 21, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Newly Launched Conversion Tool, Small Brands Diversify Media Spends, Casino Games Hit the Jackpot - September 19, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Importance of Ads Matching Content, Apple v. Epic Ruling, Esports in APAC - September 13, 2021