Changing demographics and advancing technology has brought a lot of attention and money to the gaming industry. Even governments in Europe are realizing its potential and have created programs to attract talent and investments. The Sweden Game Arena is a public-private partnership that helps students develop games using government-funded offices and equipment. With its growing contribution to the industry’s revenue, this program will undoubtedly be used to support mobile games.
Sweden is not only home to game developers but, also an avid mobile gaming community. According to Statista, user penetration will hit 26% in 2020 and is expected to reach 27% by 2024. Additionally, Sweden is expected to generate $131 million in 2020 for mobile gaming. In this month’s Under the Microscope, we cover the small but, mighty mobile gaming audience in Sweden!
Highlights from Sweden:
- 69% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (8 pm – 11 pm)
- The majority of both males and females are spending one hour per day playing mobile games
- 75% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Swedish users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and to exercise the mind.
- 85% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Click the infographic for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Sweden compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Spain to Brazil, Saudi Arabia to Denmark, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Sweden? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.