In the past few weeks, the COVID-19 outbreak has significantly changed the daily lives of people from several countries. Across the globe, people are being encouraged to stay at home in order to ensure their health and safety. As the Coronavirus situation continues to evolve, technology usage and habits will also see major changes.
AdColony’s Coronavirus Impact Survey was distributed in the United States last week to analyze behavior changes due to COVID-19. Respondents’ ages ranged from 18 to 75 and were typically aged 25 to 44. As this story continues, we will continue to report updated insights.
Check out highlights from the survey and be sure to download the infographic!
- Socializing has taken a backseat. — More than half (51%) of respondents have cut back on social activities.
- Public transportation is being reconsidered. — 38% of respondents have cut back on public transport.
- People are playing more mobile games in their free time. — 21% of respondents are playing new games on their smartphone, while 26% are playing games they already enjoy more often.
- Housework is more productive. — Half of the respondents said they are doing more household chores.
- Streaming entertainment is up but not by much. — 25% of respondents are watching more streaming entertainment. 65% said there was no change in their streaming/OTT behavior.
Click on the infographic for the full image!
About the Study
Coronavirus Impact Survey asked 150 United States residents a series of questions about their behavior during the COVID-19 outbreak. The survey asked about social activities, public transportation, and smartphone usage. Respondents’ ages ranged from 18 to 75 and were typically aged 25 to 44.
Join the Conversation
Do you have any interesting insights surrounding Coronavirus behavior? Tweet your thoughts to @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: The Effects of Apple’s Privacy Changes, In-game Advertising’s Untapped Potential, Mobile Time Spent on the Rise - October 17, 2021
- Mobile Monday: AppLovin’s Acquisition of MoPub, Record-breaking Estimates for Mobile Holiday Shopping, Winning Apps During Facebook’s Outage - October 11, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Advancement in Mobile Discovery, App Engagement and Spending Remain Elevated, Candy Crush Jelly Saga’s $500M Milestone - October 3, 2021