In the past few weeks, the COVID-19 outbreak has significantly changed the daily lives of people from several countries. Across the globe, people are being encouraged to stay at home in order to ensure their health and safety. As the Coronavirus situation continues to evolve, technology usage and habits will also see major changes.
AdColony’s Coronavirus Impact Survey was distributed in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region last week to analyze behavior changes due to COVID-19. Respondents’ ages ranged from 18 to 75 and were typically aged 25 to 54. As this story continues, we will continue to report updated insights.
Check out highlights from the survey and be sure to download the infographic!
- Social distancing is practiced across Asia-Pacific. — More than half of the respondents have started working from home and cut back on social and outdoor activities.
- Massive mobile gaming uplift. — 45% increase in number of consumers playing mobile games multiple times per day
- People are playing more mobile games in their free time. — 68% of respondents are playing new games on their smartphone and 44% are playing mobile games daily.
- Switch to online shopping. — 95% of respondents have purchased something online in the last 2 weeks and 46% say they will shift more purchases online.
- Support for the local communities. — 76% of consumers want brands to continue communicating during this crisis and 47% state they hope to see ads featuring compassion and support for local communities
Click on the infographic for the full image!
About the Study
Coronavirus Impact Survey asked 2500 people across APAC (including Australia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and more) a series of questions about their behavior during the COVID-19 outbreak. The survey asked about social activities, public transportation, and smartphone usage. Respondents’ ages ranged from 18 to 75 and were typically aged 25 to 54.
Join the Conversation
Do you have any interesting insights surrounding Coronavirus behavior? Tweet us @AdColony_APAC. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.