One of the most important seasons for Muslims, Ramadan is right around the corner. During this time, observers spend the month focusing on prayer, reflection, and community. This year, Ramadan will begin on the evening of Thursday, April 23 and will end on the evening of Saturday, May 23. After Ramadan comes to an end, Muslims observe Eid al-Fitr until the evening of Sunday, May 24. This celebration is marked with lights, decorations, gifts, and celebrations. As people get ready for Ramadan, it’s helpful to see what type of role mobile devices have in this preparation.
To better understand mobile behavior, AdColony surveyed people in Turkey about mobile usage during the Ramadan season. The Ramadan Survey was distributed to get more insights about people’s daily preferences during this time. Respondents’ ages ranged from 18 to 75 and were typically aged 25 to 44.
Check out survey highlights from Turkey and be sure to download the infographic!
Survey Highlights — Turkey
- More time on smartphones – 32% of respondents say they will spend more time on their smartphones during Ramadan.
- Mobile games are popular in every season – 72% of respondents say they use their smartphones to play mobile games while 41% of respondents say they will spend more time or the same amount playing mobile games during Ramadan.
- Power of an advertisement – 66% have purchased something on their mobile device directly from an advertisement and 86% said they would purchase something on their mobile device directly from an ad if the product was relevant to them.
- Mobile devices don’t prevent them from fasting – 75% of respondents use their mobile devices during the day compared to after iftar (18%) and during sahoor (8%).
- In-app and online shopping on top – 85% of Ramadan shoppers mostly use their smartphones for online shopping and 52% of Ramadan shoppers prefer to buy in-app.
- Clothes and groceries are the most purchased products – Clothes, groceries, and confectionery products are the items most Ramadan shoppers are planning to purchase.
Click on the infographic for the full image!
About the Study
Ramadan Survey asked 135 people in Turkey a series of questions about their behavior and preferences during Ramadan season. The survey asked about mobile games, shopping preferences, and smartphone usage. Respondents’ ages ranged from 18 to 75 and were typically aged 25 to 44.
Join the Conversation
Do you play more mobile games during Ramadan? Tweet us @AdColony_EMEA. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony_EMEA on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile and Car Buying in EMEA - January 12, 2021
- Creative Showcase: McDonald’s Regional Brand Trust// Hygiene - November 26, 2020
- The Most Wonderful Shopping Season of The Year Has Arrived! EMEA 2020 Edition - November 4, 2020