Mexico is one of the leading markets for mobile gaming. According to Statista, the country ranks fifth in user penetration (28%) and eighth in revenue which is expected to reach $741 million by the end of the year. But what do their typical gaming sessions and habits look like?
AdColony partnered with On Device Research to conduct surveys that reached mobile consumers all over the globe. The survey provided a lot of insight into the audience, from gaming age distributions and reasons to play, to engagement levels with in-app rewards and ads. This week we’ll look at survey results from Mexico.
Highlights from Mexico
- 61% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (5 pm – 8 pm)
- 36% of both males and females are spending one hour per day playing mobile games
- 72% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons users from Mexico play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and exercising the mind.
- 90% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Mexico below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Mexico compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From the United Arab Emirates to Sweden, Spain to Brazil, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Mexico? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.