While there may be a huge variety of gaming apps and even similar games within genres in the market, mobile gaming consumers aren’t one and the same. From the amount of gameplay per day to the preferred time of day for sessions, mobile gamers are as diverse as it gets. This week we’re looking at the habits and preferences of players in the United Kingdom.
According to data from Statista, mobile gaming in the U.K. is a vast and lucrative market. The country ranks fourth in the world for user penetration at 28%. Despite having a relatively small population, the U.K. mobile gaming audience is expected to bring in the fifth highest revenue at approximately $1.4 billion by the end of 2020. We partnered with On Device Research to learn all about mobile gamers in the U.K.!
Highlights from the U.K.
- 54% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur late at night (8 pm – 11 pm)
- 32% of both males and females are spending more than 40 minutes per day playing mobile games
- 80% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons users from the U.K. play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and exercising the mind.
- 79% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in the U.K. below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in the U.K. compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Mexico to the United Arab Emirates, Sweden to Spain, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from the U.K.? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.