With a diverse and vast audience, mobile gaming has caught the attention of advertisers across many industries. Brands can reach consumers from across the globe on the device they are constantly on: their smartphones. In our “Under the Microscope” series, we analyze how mobile gamers differ from country to country. Today, we’re looking at the mobile gaming audience in Greece.
Currently, there are 1.1 million mobile gamers in Greece. While this is a relatively small market, this number represents 41% of internet users in the country. With a high share of users, the Greek mobile gaming community should not be discounted. That’s why we’ve gathered some insightful data from gamers themselves. Check out the habits and preferences of mobile gamers in Greece!
Highlights from Greece
- 60% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur late at night (8 pm – 11 pm)
- 35% of both males and females are spending one hour or more per day playing mobile games
- 58% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons users from Greece play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and exercising the mind.
- 88% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Greece below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Greece compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From the United Kingdom to Mexico, the United Arab Emirates to Sweden, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Greece? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.