In our joint efforts with On Device Research, several studies have proven that mobile gaming habits can vary based on region. The surveys reached mobile gamers across the globe and revealed that each audience is a huge opportunity for developers, publishers, and advertisers to grow. In this week’s edition of Under the Microscope, we’re looking at mobile gamers in South Africa.
In 2020, there are 11.5 million mobile gamers in South Africa. In terms of revenue, the country is expected to make over $5 million, representing an almost 15% growth since the previous year. Read on to find out more about the mobile gaming community in South Africa!
Highlights from South Africa
- 67% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur late at night (8 pm – 11 pm)
- 35% of both males and females are spending one hour or more per day playing mobile games
- 78% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons South African users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and improving reflexes.
- 86% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in South Africa below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in South Africa compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Greece to the United Kingdom, Mexico to the United Arab Emirates, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from South Africa? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: Apple’s Effect on Snap Revenue, Android 12’s Privacy Features, App Reviews’ Impact on Retention - October 25, 2021
- Apps versus Websites: Mobile Gamers Shift to In-App Ads and Purchasing - October 19, 2021
- Mobile Monday: The Effects of Apple’s Privacy Changes, In-game Advertising’s Untapped Potential, Mobile Time Spent on the Rise - October 17, 2021