In every edition of Under the Microscope, our research proves that there is no typical gamer. Instead, there is a wide variety of mobile gaming consumers, with different habits and preferences, across the globe, down to each country. Collaborating with On Device Research has given us the data to distinguish these players from those of other countries and this week we are looking at mobile gamers from Egypt.
According to Statista, the number of mobile gamers in Egypt has been steadily increasing and will amount to over 16 million users in 2020. Furthermore, Statista expects revenue to reach $217 by the end of the year. For more about the habits and preferences of mobile gamers in Egypt, check out this month’s Under the Microscope infographic!
Highlights from Egypt
- 71% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (5 pm – 8 pm)
- 37% of both males and females are spending one hour or more per day playing mobile games
- 68% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Egyptian users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and to exercise the mind.
- 92% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Egypt below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Egypt compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Russia to South Africa, Greece to the United Kingdom and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Egypt? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: One Year of AppTrackingTransparency and Privacy Protection on Android - May 2, 2022
- New Report — Mobile Games & Adult Beverages - April 7, 2022
- 2022 Marketing Trends: What Mobile Marketers Need to Know - February 9, 2022