The gaming industry is set to be a different beast in 2020, reinvigorating how we interact with people online. Games are no longer episodic consumptive media, but are now the basis of new massive online communities. They’re evolving into “third spaces” – a place that’s not home or work – where players can socialize on their own terms.
Mobile gaming will receive a boost from expanding 5G networks, allowing on-the-go online gaming to move even closer to the home console experience. Letting gamers escape from their everyday life remains a huge part of gaming, and one which gaming franchises are continually trying to master.
To better understand this space, we’ve collaborated with GlobalWebIndex to provide more insights on who mobile gamers are and how they spend their time. Mobile gaming research from across the globe shows how these audiences are under the spotlight of advertisers.
Topics covered include:
- Demographics of mobile gamers
- Favorite gaming genres
- Top 5 online activities
- Personal interests
- Second screen activities
- Daily hours spent on different media channels
Download the complete Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report with insights from 21 countries!
About the Report
The Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 report provides useful data and insights about mobile gamers, who they are, and how they spend their time. This report includes data on mobile gamers from 21 countries on their demographics, favorite gaming genres, and second-screen activities.
- Mobile Monday: Non-gaming Apps Face Greater Risk of Install Fraud, Mobile is the Biggest Driver of Growth - August 2, 2020
- From GDPR to CCPA: A Guide to Global Privacy Laws - July 30, 2020
- Mobile Monday: App Downloads Reach Over 37 Billion in Q2, Mobile Games Hit 2.69 Billion Downloads - July 26, 2020