Widespread availability of smartphones and data has made mobile gaming a mainstream pastime all over the world. There are so many kinds of audiences and its helpful to understand their individual preferences and habits. In our Under the Microscope series, we survey mobile gamers in various regions to see the common threads and differences across audiences. Our most recent entry in the series looked into mobile players in Colombia. This week we are delving into mobile gaming in Canada.
Like many countries, mobile gaming in Canada continues to grow. Statista estimates the country will generate $337 million in 2020, which is an 8.8% increase year-over-year. The Canadian mobile gaming market is one that advertisers should pay attention to as its audience increase its spending and play time. Here are some highlights from Canada:
Highlights from Canada
- 62% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the late afternoon/early evening (4 pm – 8 pm)
- 35% of both males and females are spending one hour or more per day playing mobile games
- Top types of games played are puzzle, card, word, and strategy
- Top reasons Canadian users play mobile games include entertainment and relaxation
- 86% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Canada below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Canada compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Colombia to Egypt, Russia to South Africa, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Canada? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- iOS 14.5 is Almost Here— Get Support with SDK 4.6 - April 20, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Crash Bandicoot: On the Run Reaches 33 million Downloads, App Tracking Opt-in Higher Than Anticipated - April 18, 2021
- Mobile and Technology Trends in North America - April 12, 2021