As mobile gaming technology continues to evolve, so does the size of the audience and industry. The EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) region is comprised of multiple gaming communities but it is rarely studied as a whole. AdColony partnered with On Device to learn more about gamers around the world and this week we are sharing results from the EMEA region.
Mobile gaming in EMEA is a diverse and very valuable market. Data from Sensor Tower said Europeans spent $740 million on mobile games in March, up 12% month-over-month. Additionally, the mobile gaming industry in the Middle East is growing at a rate of 25% each year. A recent report also highlights the huge potential of the industry in African countries. The mobile market in the North African region generates $90 billion annually. With so many opportunities in the EMEA region, its beneficial to better understand this growing audience and how they play mobile games. Check out the highlights and infographic below!
Highlights from EMEA
- 66% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the late evening (8 pm – 11 pm)
- 30% of both males and females are spending one hour or more per day playing mobile games
- Top reasons users from EMEA play mobile games include fun/enjoyment and relaxation
- 83% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money
- 69% of respondents think mobile gaming is a safe environment
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in EMEA below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in EMEA compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Latin America to Canada, Colombia to Egypt, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from EMEA? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- What Mobile Gamers Are Watching: Movies, TV, and Video - January 18, 2022
- Mobile Monday: A Mobile-First World, Newzoo’s Trends to Watch - January 17, 2022
- What’s Next for Mobile Gaming in 2022 - January 11, 2022