The AdColony 4.4 SDK is available for download! The latest update supports the recently released iOS 14, including support for some great new features for developers and advertisers, and builds on the groundwork for Apple’s privacy changes coming in 2021. What makes this SDK better than ever? Check out some of the changes and new features below!
SDK 4.4 Features
- SKOverlay Support — iOS 14’s App Clip is a small part of an app that is focused on a specific task and designed to appear as soon as the user needs it. As only a preview of the app, App Clips only remain on a device for a limited amount of time. With SKOverlay support, publishers can display a banner to recommend the full app to users and enable them to install it from within the App Clip.
- Collecting status of app tracking authorization— The newest SDK is able to read the status of the user’s response to the new privacy modal for AppTrackingTransparency. While this will not be enforced until next year, developers can get ahead of the game by utilizing this data.
- Transparency & Privacy Support — 4.4 includes all the privacy upgrades from our recently released v4.2, and v4.3 including support for COPPA and CCPA.
Ready to take your monetization game to the next level? Download the new SDK today!
iOS 14 Resources
Apple has delayed IDFA changes until early 2021 but that doesn’t mean you should delay getting ready! AdColony has created guides to make sure you are prepared.
Getting Your App Ready for iOS 14
Getting Your Campaign Ready for iOS 14 and SKAdNetwork
What You Need to Know About UA Campaigns for iOS 14
iOS 14 for Developers: Asking for Permission
About SDK 4.4
The latest version of the AdColony SDK has more transparency features than ever. Publishers can easily adapt to the latest privacy requirements from CCPA to GDPR. Learn more about the SDK and visit the AdColony Github to integrate today.
Reach out to your account manager or our support team if you have any questions!
- iOS 14.5 is Almost Here— Get Support with SDK 4.6 - April 20, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Crash Bandicoot: On the Run Reaches 33 million Downloads, App Tracking Opt-in Higher Than Anticipated - April 18, 2021
- Mobile and Technology Trends in North America - April 12, 2021