Mobile gaming is growing in markets across the globe and especially in Africa. As smartphone penetration rises in the region, so does mobile gaming. Currently, there isn’t much known about the individual mobile game markets in African countries. That’s why we’ve conducted a number of surveys in the region to better understand their mobile gaming audiences. In this edition of Under the Microscope, we are looking at Algeria!
According to a report from ResearchAndMarkets.com, mobile gaming is gaining popularity in remote parts of Africa including Algeria. More than 290 million people in North Africa use mobile phones and the mobile market in the region generates $90 billion annually. But what about Algerian mobile gamers specifically? Check out highlights from the survey to learn about their gaming habits and preferences.
Highlights from Algeria
- 74% of Algerian adults are playing mobile games
- Algerian mobile gamers spent more than 3.5 hours on their mobile devices in a day
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Racing, Sports, and Puzzle
- Top personal interests are music, food and drink, and technology.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (81%), chatting with friends (74%), reading emails (66%), and playing games (61%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Algeria below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Algeria compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Germany to France, Azerbaijan to Latin America, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Algeria? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: Mobile Games Ad Revenue Grew 8% in 2020, App Spending to Reach $270 Billion by 2025 - February 28, 2021
- New Report — Xennials: Analog Childhood, Digital Adult - February 25, 2021
- App Clips: How They Work & Help Acquire Users - February 23, 2021