When we think of countries associated with the gaming industry, our first thoughts will most likely go to Japan or the United States. What we might not realize is that gaming is a worldwide business with hubs on all continents. Turkey, for instance, has a growing gaming industry. The market is well on its way to averaging a billion dollars in revenue every year, over half of which is generated by mobile games.
The mobile gaming audience in Turkey is also seeing strong growth in recent years. In 2020, users are expected to reach 16 million, a 12.5% increase year-over-year. To learn more about Turkey’s mobile gamers, we surveyed mobile users in the country to better understand their digital habits. Read on for highlights from the survey and scroll further down for two infographics!
Highlights from Turkey
- 79% of Turkish adults are playing mobile games
- Turkish mobile gamers spent more than 4 hours on their mobile devices in a day
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Puzzle, and Racing
- Top personal interests are films, music, and technology.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (80%), chat with friends (69%), playing games (60%), and reading emails (56%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Turkey below. You can also download the infographic in Turkish. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Turkey compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Germany to France, Azerbaijan to Latin America, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Turkey? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: Mobile Games Ad Revenue Grew 8% in 2020, App Spending to Reach $270 Billion by 2025 - February 28, 2021
- New Report — Xennials: Analog Childhood, Digital Adult - February 25, 2021
- App Clips: How They Work & Help Acquire Users - February 23, 2021