Ramadhan is a time of togetherness with family and friends for a month of religious observance and festivities. Asia is home to 62% of Muslims worldwide, with Indonesia accounting for more than 230 million Muslims who will be observing Ramadhan and Eid Al-Fitr.
In our recent AdColony Festive Shopping Survey, we asked respondents in Indonesia a series of questions around their social activities and preparation for Ramadhan amidst the pandemic, and how their behavior and shopping preferences has changed as compared to previous years.
Here are some highlights on the shopping and mobile behavior trends in Indonesia during this period, the impact that the pandemic has on the changes in consumer mobile behavior, and how brand advertisers can strategise to win Ramadhan and Eid in 2021.
Highlights on Consumer Mobile Behavior this Ramadhan
- Gaming is #1 Entertainment of Choice – We observed that the daily time spent on mobile is 5.1 hours, 46% are playing more games, and 55.4% added a new free-to-play game to their mobile phones.
- More Downtime for Game Play – With lockdowns in place and people being encouraged to stay at home, they have more downtime for entertainment, especially mobile gaming. Prime times for mobile gaming are 2pm to 5pm, and 7pm to 9pm.
- Surge in Online Shopping – Ecommerce sales are expected to increase as 62.5% have shifted their shopping preference from offline to online, and 69% of shoppers agree that Ramadhan is the best time to find a great deal.
- More New Clothes and Groceries – Top items purchased online are new clothes, groceries, and gifts and gift cards.
- Discover New Brands Through In-App Ads – 83% of Moms and 79% of Foodies discover brands through in-app advertisements
AdColony recently conducted a consumer survey in January 2021 where we dived into the mobile and media consumption, and changes in shopping behavior during Ramadhan. Advertisers looking to reach this audience during Ramadhan will need a strong strategy covering mobile and other emerging consumer behaviors.
Check out the infographic below for more insights.
Join the Conversation
Will you be playing mobile games during Ramadan? Tweet us at @AdColony_APAC. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony_APAC on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Creative Showcase: Bear Brand - June 24, 2021
- Gaming Fathers Audience Growth Set To Capture Brand Interest This Father’s Day 2021 - June 18, 2021
- Mobile Gaming Set to Dominate Ramadhan As We Continue To Stay Home - March 14, 2021