Consumers are continuing to spend more time on their mobile devices, and while they are on those devices, they are playing mobile games. While consumers are spending time in mobile games, they are able to engage in messaging from brands. Brands and advertisers have to take control of this amazing opportunity to reach global consumers through mobile games. In order to better understand and reach specific consumer groups, advertisers must understand the unique behaviors and interests of mobile gamers in different regions. AdColony surveyed mobile gamers around the world to better understand their digital behavior, and this week we’re learning about mobile gamers in the United Arab Emirates!
With the increase in time spent on mobile, consumers are looking to games on their mobile devices for more entertainment. According to Statista.com, in 2017, 42% of mobile gamers in the United Arab Emirates that play daily indicated that they play five or more times a day. The increase in gaming frequency is a positive for brands and advertisers as this creates more opportunity to connect with consumers. Learn more about this growing mobile gaming market in this edition of Under the Microscope!
Highlights from the United Arab Emirates
- 69% of Emirati adults are playing mobile games.
- UAE mobile gamers spent more than 4 hours on their mobile devices in a day.
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Sports, and Racing.
- Top personal interests are technology, playing sports, and films/cinema.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (73%), messaging friends (62%), reading my emails (57%), and playing games (37%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in the United Arab Emirates below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in the United Arab Emirates compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Sweden to Spain, Brazil to Saudi Arabia and beyond, we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from the United Arab Emirates? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on LinkedIn.
- AdColonized: Getting to Know Sasha Mircov - July 21, 2021
- Designing, Tracking, and Evaluating Mobile Campaigns, According to UA Marketers - July 19, 2021
- Under The Microscope: Mobile Gaming in the United Kingdom - July 14, 2021