Over the past year, consumers everywhere have integrated playing mobile games into their daily lives, and this new habit is here to stay even as some users are returning to a more typical everyday routine. What’s more, consumers are generally in a good mood while gaming on mobile and are in a better space to be able to engage with messaging from brands. Knowing this, brands and advertisers can take control of this amazing opportunity to reach global consumers through mobile games. But in order to better understand and reach specific consumer groups, advertisers must understand the unique behaviors and interests of mobile gamers across varying regions. AdColony surveyed mobile gamers around the world to better understand their digital behavior, and this week we’re learning about mobile gamers in Mexico!
Mobile gamers in Mexico are spending numerous hours a day on their mobile devices, are playing games on those devices, and are split almost evenly between male and female gamers, indicating the potential for brands to reach a wide, engaged audience in Mexico. With the increase in time spent on mobile, revenue from mobile games in Mexico is projected to reach 908 million U.S. dollars in 2025, an increase from 705 million U.S. dollars in 2019, according to Statista.com. The industry is only continuing to grow, so brands and advertisers can leverage this expansion in order to create more meaningful connections with users worldwide. Learn more about this growing mobile gaming market in this edition of Under the Microscope!
Highlights from Mexico
- 69% of Mexican adults are playing mobile games.
- Mexican mobile gamers spent more than 4 hours on their mobile devices in a day.
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Puzzle, and Racing.
- Top personal interests are films/cinema, music, and technology.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (83%), messaging friends (72%), reading my emails (55%), and searching for products to buy (36%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Mexico below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Mexico compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From the United Arab Emirates to Sweden, Spain to Brazil, and beyond, we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Mexico? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on LinkedIn.
- The BRAG Blog: A Streaming War Full of Surprises - May 27, 2022
- App Usage Before and During Game Time for NBA Viewers - May 25, 2022
- The BRAG Blog: How Shopping Apps Keep Up With Amazon - May 24, 2022