Consumers all over the world have turned to mobile and games on mobile, specifically, over the last year to provide fun and entertainment, and consumers in Colombia are no different. But as brands look to reach consumers in environments where they are happy and receptive to marketing, like in mobile games, advertisers must understand the unique behaviors and preferences of consumers from different regions and construct tailored campaigns that will have the most impact with their target audience. AdColony surveyed mobile gamers around the world to better understand their digital behavior, and this week we’re learning about mobile gamers in Colombia!
The number of mobile gamers in Colombia increased exponentially in 2020, yet that number is expected to see more growth by 2025, according to Statista.com. In 2019, about seven million consumers played mobile games, and this number is expected to reach around 11 million by 2025. Consumers have grown to love mobile gaming, and this habit is not going anywhere. In addition, with more consumers playing mobile games, mobile gaming revenue has also increased. Statista.com reports that revenue from mobile games in Colombia in 2019 was around 170 million U.S. dollars. In 2025, it is expected that revenue from mobile games will reach $226 million. Learn more about this growing mobile gaming market in this edition of Under the Microscope!
Highlights from Colombia
- 69% of Colombian adults are playing mobile games.
- Colombian mobile gamers spent more than 5 hours on their mobile devices in a day.
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Racing, and Sports.
- Top personal interests are films/cinema, music, and technology.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (85%), messaging friends (78%), reading my emails (62%), and reading the news (38%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Colombia below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Colombia compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Egypt to Russia, South Africa to Greece and beyond, we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Colombia? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on LinkedIn.
- The BRAG Blog: A Streaming War Full of Surprises - May 27, 2022
- App Usage Before and During Game Time for NBA Viewers - May 25, 2022
- The BRAG Blog: How Shopping Apps Keep Up With Amazon - May 24, 2022