With a population of close to 11 million, Greece has been a growing market and has focused on its development in the gaming industry. The growth of this industry has led to mobile gaming becoming a big part of leisure time for Greek smartphone users. Having grabbed the attention of Greek consumers mobile gamers present many opportunities to advertisers across industries. But first, it is important to have a deeper understanding of specific markets in order to best market to them.
In order to analyze how mobile gamers in Greece interact with brands, we partnered with GlobalWebIndex (GWI) to find out valuable insights about Greek mobile gamers. Check out the habits and preferences of mobile gamers in Greece!
Highlights from Greece
- 94% of mobile users are playing mobile games and 50% of this audience base are Gen X users!
- From a demographic perspective, 52% of mobile gamers are female and the majority of them (26%) are between 35-44 ages.
- When we look at the kind of attitudes they have about brand relationships, 73% of them are researching a product online before buying it.
- 73% of Greek mobile gamers are also film and cinema lovers.
- 26% of Greek mobile gamers are discovering brands on in-app ads.
- In regards to brand discovery, 60% of them prefer reward programs and 32% of them care about the relevancy of their interests when discovering new brands.
- In the last month, 52% of Greek mobile gamers have interacted with a brand by visiting their website.
- The features of free delivery services (71%), coupons and discounts (54%), and customer reviews (51%) drive mobile gamers to make online purchases.
- 48% of mobile gamers buy headphones as one of their major purchases, while 79% of mobile gamers buy cheese as a minor purchase.
- 29% of mobile gamers state they have been playing a bit more mobile games after the pandemic.
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Greece below. Click the image for a full-size version to download!
GWI is a target audience company that provides consumer insight across 47 countries to the world’s leading brands, communication agencies, and media organizations. The company runs a global survey representing more than 2 billion connected consumers, which offers up to over 40,000 data points on the behaviors and perceptions of internet users around the world. Using the subscription-based platform, clients including Twitter, Google, Spotify, WPP, IPG, and Omnicom Group can gather in-depth insights into audience behaviors, attitudes, and interests through a combination of survey data and analytics.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Greece? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on LinkedIn.
- Continuous Growth of Mobile Leads to Impressive Number of Game App Downloads - June 22, 2022
- How to Succeed in the Attention Economy - June 7, 2022
- Father’s Day Shopping Survey 2022 – Highlights from EMEA & LATAM - May 30, 2022