Site not loading correctly? Ad is in our name, because it's what we do. This may cause issues if you're using ad blockers, and we don't serve any ads on our site.
Please pause or disable your ad blocker for our domain.
The public release of iOS version 14.5 is coming next week, with Apple announcing their release candidate (RC) shortly after their “Spring Loaded” event. That means Apple’s privacy updates are coming with it. Apple will require all developers to begin requesting permission to share data and tracking, in addition, to support for SKAdNetwork to receive UA demand. To make sure your apps receive UA demand, download the AdColony SDK 4.6.1!
The latest update supports iOS 14.5, including support for some great new features for developers and advertisers. What makes this SDK better than ever? Check out some of the changes and new features below!
SDK 4.6.1 Features
- AppTrackingTransparency Support — The newest SDK is able to read the status of the user’s response to the new privacy modal for AppTrackingTransparency.
- SKAdNetwork Support — This update includes full support for SKAdNetwork demand, but remember to ensure it contains AdColony’s ID and all of your upstream demand partners, especially if you use a third-party list generator like the one provided by your mediator! (You can find AdColony’s full list on our support portal).
- View-Through Attribution Support — This allows publishers and developers to display a wider choice of advertising formats and measurement tools and assess which creatives are most effective, while preserving user privacy.
- SKOverlay Support — iOS 14’s App Clip is a small part of an app that is focused on a specific task and designed to appear as soon as the user needs it. As only a preview of the app, App Clips only remain on a device for a limited amount of time. With SKOverlay support, publishers can display a banner to recommend the full app to users and enable them to install it from within the App Clip.
- Transparency & Privacy Support — 4.6.1 includes all the privacy upgrades from our recently released v4.4, and v4.3 including support for GDPR, COPPA and CCPA.
Apple has also recently clarified that all listed SKAdNetwork IDs must be lowercase; AdColony’s is 4pfyvq9l8r.skadnetwork for instance, so don’t forget!
Ready to take your monetization game to the next level? Download the new SDK today!
Looking for iOS 14.5 Resources?
Visit AdColony’s Apple’s Privacy Changes page for access to articles, FAQs, Q&As, infographics, features, interviews, and best practices around Apple’s coming changes.
Due to the fast-moving nature of Apple’s changes, AdColony is committed to updating our SDK as soon as necessary to ensure business continuity for our publisher partners! Be sure to check our Github for the latest version of our SDK before submitting your latest build to Apple.
Note: Per Apple’s direction, we have built our latest SDK against its iOS 14.5 release candidate (RC) as distributed to iOS developers on April 20th, 2021, and recommend all of our iOS publishing partners build against this release. Additionally, per Apple’s documentation, ensure apps are submitted against the iOS 14.5 RC version, and built using Xcode 12.5 Release Candidate. Beginning Starting April 26, 2021, all iPhone and iPad apps submitted to the App Store must be built with Xcode 12 and the iOS 14 SDK or later. For further questions, please contact your AdColony Monetization Manager, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SDK 4.6.1
The latest version of the AdColony SDK has more transparency features than ever. Publishers can easily adapt to the latest privacy requirements from CCPA to GDPR. Learn more about the SDK and visit the AdColony Github to integrate today.
Reach out to your account manager or our support team if you have any questions!