There are multiple metrics of mobile app monetization. In the process of optimizing the app monetization, one of the most powerful methods is optimizing ad Use Rate. From the case studies and benchmark data collected, the following is evident regarding ad use rate within an app:
- Increasing use rate drives an increase in overall publisher revenue
- Increasing use rate has been shown to increase ad monetization efficiency
- Increasing use rate does not have a statistically significant effect on DAU or MAU.
- There is a notable correlation between use rate and average session duration.
- The largest increases in ad monetization efficiency are found at 40% and 50% use rate thresholds.
- Increasing use rate can result in a higher eCPM when the additional ad monetized users have a strong CTR