AdColony has partnered with GWI to survey over 1,000 mobile gamers across the U.S. to better understand mobile gamers and shed light on how to effectively market to them. The study explores how mobile gamers engage with advertising in games and apps, what drives their purchasing decisions, how the pandemic has reshaped their shopping habits, how they consume entertainment, and much more.
- A Deeper Look into Mobile Gamers
- Mobile gamers as consumers
- What do mobile gamers do regularly?
- How Mobile Gamers Respond to Ads on Websites vs. Apps
- Website v. app attitudes
- Food & Alcohol Purchasing Habits
- Restaurant and QSR visitation
- Fast food purchase methods (delivery, drive-through, dine-in, or curbside pickup)
- Alcohol consumption
- How much do mobile gamers spend on alcohol?
- In-App vs. In-Store for Mobile Gamers
- How COVID-19 has impacted online shopping behavior
- Products mobile gamers are shopping online more for
- Contextual shopping
- Health Habits
- Types of healthcare & fitness apps used
- How mobile gamers book medical appointments
- Car Ownership & Purchase Drivers
- Driving frequency
- Mobile gamers’ tools for the purchase journey
- Entertainment Beyond Mobile Games
- Types of online content watched
- How mobile gamers watch movies
- Favorite movie genres
About the Study
The survey was developed by AdColony and GWI and distributed online to mobile gamers. All figures in the study (unless noted otherwise) are drawn from GWI’s online research among U.S. internet users who are mobile gamers aged 16-64 via an online questionnaire. GWI only interviews respondents aged 16-64 and their figures are representative of the online populations of each market, not its total population. The survey garnered a total of 1,044 respondents in the U.S. over an eight-day period in Q2 2021.